Variations to Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (ACM40412 update to ACM40418)
The current Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (ACMVET40412) has been reviewed and a new qualification has been endorsed. Consequently, Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) may now apply to have the updated qualifications and units added to their scope of registration.
ACAAS has submitted this application and it has been approved.
ACM40418 has a pre-requisite requirement. Students enrolling in the new qualification must hold:
A – Certificate II in Animal Studies OR
B – Certificate III or higher-level qualification within Animal Sciences, OR
C – Can demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge in a relevant animal science discipline to any of the above qualifications.
ACAAS holds a pre-requisite evaluation every second Tuesday for Applicants deemed appropriate to achieve entry to this Qualification through Pathway C.
Applicants attempting Pathway C MUST:
- Supply ACAAS with an appropriate reference from a past employer in the animal industry.
- Allow ACAAS to contact appropriate Referees.
- Have completed the ACAAS Tour and have been determined to progress to the Qualification via Pathway C.
The cost of this assessment process is $500.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACMVET40418
If you successfully complete Pathway C, you will be accepted into the next available intake.
How to demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge?
Relevant work experience or voluntary work history, must include position description, duties, line manager details, references and duration.
Duties undertaken in an animal care facility such as: Veterinary practices, boarding facilities (kennels/catteries), pet shops, animal shelters, zoos or any other animal care facilities can be considered at the interview.
Duties can include:
- Basic animal husbandry. (Grooming, exercise, enrichment)
- Safely handling animals from cages or enclosures and restrain methods.
- Hygiene protocols (disinfection, cleaning, waste disposal)
- Feeding animals (basic animal nutrition)
- Animal identification.
- Understanding of risks & hazards and Occupational Health and Safety guidelines within the animal industry (zoonoses, parasites)
For financial assistance please contact us or click here for Bendigo Bank student loans.
ACAAS advises you to research on www.training.gov.au and view our registration and scope here: https://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/22380