Our facilities are perfect for the delivery of veterinary nursing. The hospital was built as a purpose education facility and students have access to an amazing facility with the latest equipment.
- Get real-world work experience and allocated mentoring sessions. These may include sessions in surgery, reception or equine.
- Learn surgical skills, including preparing patients for surgery, assisting in surgical procedures and anaesthesia
- Gain knowledge of clinical skills, including nursing hospitalised patients, admitting and discharging animals, dispensing drugs and fluid therapy
- Develop diagnostic skills, including radiography of animals and collecting and testing diagnostic samples
- Learn the expected standards of professional behaviour
- Gain knowledge in the area of parturition
- Recognise normal and abnormal conditions and behaviour of animals
- Learn methods of transporting cats and dogs
- Gain skills in industry reception services and sales skills