ACM30122 Certificate III in Animal Care Services
To register your interest, email us at email@example.com to receive detailed information
Training at ACAAS provides you with an outstanding practical hands on learning experience
Commencing in early 2023 classes will be held 2 evenings a week running from 4:00pm – 8:30pm for 12 months. Small class sizes of 10 students or less ensures a personal and supported learning journey.
You will be trained by highly qualified Veterinary Nurses with decades of experience in the animal care industry.
ACAAS’s training centre is located inside a 1 acre building above WoofPurNay Veterinary Hospital and South Eastern Equine Hospital which sits on 25 acres in Narre Warren North. There will be many practical experiences during class time.
During the course you will experience a 10 day practical placement in the field of animal care that you are passionate about will be arranged for you. The areas available to choose from are, dog grooming, kennel and cattery boarding, pet shop environment and a farm.
Some of the resources you’ll have access to are:
- Stables and crush – cleaning
- Small animal surgery – taking the patient’s vital signs
- Small animal isolation – assist with infection control
- Pharmacy – learn the common drug schedules
- Veterinary Reception for sales of nutritional products
- Dog grooming – hydrobathing
- Boarding kennel and cattery – feeding, walking, cleaning etc.
- Hydrotherapy facilities
Just a few of the topics you’ll learn about are:
- Animal Behaviour
- Companion animal breeds
- Infection control
… and many more.
Once you’ve successfully completed this course you’ll be qualified to work as:
- pet shop / aquarium assistant
- kennel attendant
- cattery attendant
- assistant dog trainer
- pet exerciser
- assistant grooming attendant
Would you like to become a Veterinary Nurse? ACM30122 Certificate III in Animal Care Services will get you there!
Move on to further training in these courses:
- ACM40418 Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- ACM40617 Certificate IV in Pet Styling